|Lovelock's theory predicted life in the Solar System.
(1) Electron Capture Detector
(Turned light into a spectrum of colour) - to identify mixes of gases ex. Mars 95% carbon dioxide.
- Special mix of gases to qualify weather there was life on Mars.
- Trace oxygen
Methane - Swamps, guts of animals.
- Methane in small amounts means organic matter.
- Organic matter means "life".
- Albedo(the earth's shininess)
- carbon dioxide.
Lovelock's theory is that the planet in a sense is alive, a superorganism comprising of all life on Earth and is capable of manipulating conditions to suit its own needs. Gaia is defined asa a complex entity involving the Earths biosphere, atmosphere,oceans and soil.